‘I could cry with joy’: Personal trainer heading home from hospital as coronavirus battle continues – Teesside Live
Latest Teesside headlines straight to your inbox
The Teesside personal trainer who has been sharing his life threatening battle against coronavirus is being allowed home from hospital.
Dad of two Sean Joseph, from Middlesbrough, has posted an update on his social media pages to say he could cry with joy after doctors said he can go home to his family.
The 34-year-old, who hit the headlines during the first Covid-19 national lockdown with a series of hilarious workout routines, was hospitalised after his coronavirus symptoms got worse leaving him with pneumonia and needing oxygen to breathe.
Posting on his social media page, Sean, who was previously fit and healthy, said: “The doctors just been they’re over the moon and I’M COMING HOME TODAY.
“I’ve been made well aware this may take months to recover but I’m up for the challenge.
“From the bottom of my heart thank you for all the kind messages they did pick me up. I can’t thank the staff at James Cook hospital enough and I’ll be forever grateful.
“Honest I could cry with joy , I’ve missed my kids so much.
He went from being 60% dependent on oxygen to being able to breathe freely and told his followers on Tuesday he was managing to walk to the bathroom alone and was progressing well, although he was still weak.
After 55 hours treatment of oxygen, steroids, antibiotics, painkillers, he said, his body had started to respond.
Sean has received hundreds of get well soon messages on his social media.
One of his friends, Carl Harris, has also set up a fundraising page to help Sean during the worrying time as said Carl, Sean had done so much for others during lockdown. You can find the page here.
This content was originally published here.