This Bed Transforms Into a Space-Saving Home Gym
Training at home when gyms are closed can be difficult. Whether there is a lack of proper equipment or even the lack of space that equipment requires, training at home is not always an option. The PIVOT® Bed aims to change that.
The PIVOT® Bed is a new home gym designed by Colin Montgomery and manufactured in the United Kingdom. It is functionally a Murphy bed — a bed that can fold up against a wall it is mounted to — combined with a power rack to offer athletes a home gym that doesn’t require any excess space.
The PIVOT® Bed, however, does not require any mounting to the floor or wall. When folded down, it is a bed like any other. When folded up and locked in an upright position, it reveals a full rack that can support squats, deadlifts, a mat, a rowing machine, and more.
Check out the video below that displays how the PIVOT® bed works and what it would look like in a bedroom courtesy of txchsport’s Instagram page:
Note: slide to the left in the post to watch the video.
View this post on Instagram
Montgomery was not training due to how much time, effort, and space it took to set up equipment. When the idea struck him to design a power rack that could double as a bed to utilize the same space, he set out to design the product that — at the time of this article — has raised $192,154 of its $266,753 goal on Kickstarter.
Here are some of the features that the PIVOT® Bed includes:
- Adjustable pull-up and bars.
- Power-assisted lift — making it easier to raise the bed against the wall and reveal a power rack that can be securely locked in place.
- Mat — matting “for all flooring.”
- Device attachment — the center of the rack (on the underbelly of the bed) can support “virtually any device” (iPads, phones, tablets, etc).
The sizes available are a double or queen in the United States and a double or king in the UK and Europe.
Future of Home Gyms
The PIVOT® Bed comes in four options with added features with each option:
- “Lite” — basic version of the PIVOT® Bed.
- “Fitness” — includes exercise mat.
- “Strength” — includes power rack add-on.
- “Ultimate” — includes exercise mat and power rack add-on.
As the fundraising for this product is through a Kickstarter campaign, it is an “all or nothing” project. This means that it “will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Friday, Dec. 11th, 2020 by 7:59 a.m. EST.”
Feature image via txchsport’s Instagram page: @txchsport
The post This Bed Transforms Into a Space-Saving Home Gym appeared first on BarBend.
This content was originally published here.